How can I make settings of sharing the modem with another computer in Windows 2000?
Make the following settings.
(1)- To set a connection sharing computer
(2)- To set a client computer
(1)To set the computer that shares a connection
1. Log on to the computer with "Administrator".
2. Click the "Start" button and click "Control Panel" from "Settings".
3. Double-click the icon of "Network and Dial-Up Connections" on "Control Panel".
4. Right-click the connection icon that sets "Network and Dial-Up Connections" and then click "Properties".
5. Click the "Sharing" tab and turn on the checkbox of "Enable Internet Connection Sharing for this connection".
6. To enable On-demand dialing, turn on the checkbox of "Enable on-demand dialing".
7. Click the "OK" button.
8. When the following message appears, click the "Yes" button.
"When Internet connection sharing is enabled, your LAN adapter will be set to use IP address 192.168.0.1. Your
computer may lose connectivity with other computers on your network. If these other computers have static IP
addresses, you should set them to obtain their IP addresses automatically. Are you sure you want to enable Internet Connection Sharing?"
(2)To set a client computer
1. Click the "Start" button and then click "Internet Connection Wizard" from "Programs"-"Accessories"-"Communications".
2. Click the option button of "I want to set up my Internet connection manually, or I want to connect through a local area network (LAN)" and then click the "Next" button.
3. Click the option button of "I connect through a local area network (LAN)" and then click the "Next" button.
4. On the window of "Local area network Internet configuration", turn off all the following checkboxes and click the "Next" button.
- Automatic discovery of proxy server (recommended)
- Use automatic configuration script
- Manual Proxy Server
5. When "Set Up Your Internet Mail Account" appears, set up your account as you want. "Internet Connection Sharing", however, does not allow you to share the same e-mail address.
Set up your account when the connection sharing computer and the client computer have their own e-mail addresses.
6. Click the "Finish" button.