A. To change the login password of the current user
1. Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE simultaneously.
2. In the Windows Security dialog box, click the Change Password button.
3. In the Old Password text box, enter the current password.
4. In the New Password text box, enter the new password.
5. Re-enter the new password in the Confirm New password text box.
6. Click OK.
The Your password has been changed. message appears if the above steps are performed successfully.
7. Click OK to proceed.
B. To change the login password of another user
1. Log in as an Administrator.
2. Click Start, point to Settings and click Control Panel.
3. In the Control Panel window, double-click the Users and Passwords icon.
4. In Users for this computer, select the user.
5. Click Set Password. If this option is shaded, select the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer checkbox.
6. In the New Password text box, enter the new password.
7. Re-enter the new password in the Confirm New password text box.
8. Click OK to exit the Users and Passwords dialog box.
Note: All passwords are case-sensitive.