Note: The following conditions must be satisfied to achieve print sharing.
- Computer with printer connected and properly install.
- Computer is connected to the network and properly configured.
A. To share a printer, please follow the steps below.
1. Click Start, point to Settings and click Control Panel.
2. Click Printers and Other Hardware and click Printers and Faxes.
3. Right-click the icon of the printer that is to be shared and click Sharing.
4. Select the Sharing this printer option.
5. Give a name to the shared printer and click OK.
B. To use the printer, on Windows XP, connected to another computer on the network, please follow the steps below.
Windows XP preinstalled VAIO computers do not support the printers using the NetBEUI protocol.
1. Click Start and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Printers and Other Hardware.
3. Click Add Printer.
4. Add Printer Wizard starts. Click Next.
5. Select the option of A network printer, or a printer attached to another computer and then click Next.
6. Select the option of Browse for a printer and then click Next.
7. Select printer and click Next.
8. Select the option for default printer and click Next.
9. Click Finish.