Both the local and the remote computer must be using either Windows Messenger or a Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI)-compliant e-mail program such as Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express.
Both computers must be connected to the Internet while using Remote Assistance.
1. On the computer of the inviting side, start Remote Assistance.
2. Click Invite someone to help you.
3. Click Save invitation as a file (Advanced).
4. Type in the optional fields of From (the name you would like to appear on the invitation) and Message, and click Continue.
5. Set the expiration date of the invitation, if necessary, specify the requirement/non-requirement of the password of the recipient, type in a password in the text boxes of Type Password and reconfirmed the password. Click Save invitation.
6. Copy the MsRCincident file on to a floppy disk or other media and handle it to the invitee. User can choose to send the MsRCincident file by email.
8. In the invited computer, double-click the MsRCincident file.
9. Click Yes to accept the invitation. When prompted to connect to the sender's computer, type a password if necessary.