Please refer to the followig steps to change the printer port setting using Sony Notebook Setup Utility 3.0:
- Only devices such as Pinter Port, Serial I/O Port and Pointing Device setting can be change using Sony Notebook Setup Utility.
- The Device tab is only available on some models.
1. Start Sony Notebook Setup Utility 3.0 and click Device.
2. Select Printer Port and click Settings.
3. Printer port mode can be set by selecting Normal (Output only), Bi-directional or ECP.
4. Resource setting can also be changed to resolve a resource conflict issue.
5. Click OK twice to close Sony Notebook Setup Utility 3.0 dialog box.
When a port is disabled, the hardware resources used by that port are available to be used elsewhere.