Please refer to the following steps:
1. Start Sony Notebook Setup Utility 3.0 and click Power On Password.
* The dialog box allows a password which is used to control access to the computer to be registered.
2. Click Add and click Yes.
3. Enter the password and click OK
4. Enter the same password for verification and click OK
5. After the password is registered, select Verify password at power on and click OK.
6. Restart the machine and when the computer is starting, it will prompt for the password.
Note: When the system resumes from hibernation, the Power on password is also required.