Please refer to the followig steps to enable or disable a device using Sony Notebook Setup Utility 3.0:
- Only devices such as Pinter Port, Serial I/O Port and Pointing Device can be enabled or disabled using Sony Notebook Setup Utility.
- The Device tab is only available on some models.
1. Start Sony Notebook Setup Utility 3.0 and click Device.
2. To disable the Serial I/O Port, unselect Serial I/O Port.
3. To enable the Serial I/O Port, select Serial I/O Port.
4. To disable or enable other devices, repeat Step 3 or Step 4 but select the device which needs to be disabled or enabled.
5. Click OK to close Sony Notebook Setup Utility 3.0 dialog box.
- When a port is disabled, the hardware resources used by that port are available to be used elsewhere.
- By disabling the devices, a resource conflict issue can be resolved.