Sony has been investigating this problem. While using a PC card, if you select "System Hibernation" (Save To Disk), the PC goes into system suspend mode. To go into system hibernation mode, remove the PC card first.
[Removing a PC card]
1. Click the Start button, point to [Settings], click [Control Panel], and then double-click [PC Card (PCMCIA)].
2. Select the PC card that you want to remove from the list.
3. Click [Stop]. When you receive the message, "You may safely remove this device." click [OK].
4. Press the eject button of the PC card slot to remove the PC card.
1. Click the PC Card icon on the taskbar.
2. Click [Stop]. When you receive the message, "You may safely remove this device." click [OK].
3. Press the eject button of the PC card slot to remove the PC card.
This symptom may occur especially on PCGA-CD51 when PCG-Z505xx or PCG-N505xx works on battery since PCGA-CD51 does not have an AC adapter.
If you leave the PC with PCGA-CD51 connected during the battery operation, the power management function works when the battery becomes weak and the PC tries to go into system hibernation mode. However, the PC goes into suspend mode, and then it is turned off. Sony recommends disconnecting PCGA-CD51 during the battery operation.
If the PC does not go into system hibernation if you remove a PC card, check if the PC has the "save2dsk.bin" file. The PC does not go into system hibernation mode if the file contains an error.