Cannot create the same user name as the computer name on Windows 2000.
When trying to create a user name, the computer rejects it. Cannot create the same user name as the computer name.
Procedures to reproduce the symptom:
1) Right-click [My Computer] icon on the desktop and click [Properties].
2) Click the [Network Identification] tab on the [System Properties] window and click the [Properties] button.
3) You can check [Computer name] on the window of [Identification Changes].
To add a new user:
1) Click the [Start] button and click [Control Panel] from [Settings].
2) Double-click [Users and Passwords] and click the [Add . . .] button.
3) Input the same name as the computer name in [User name] in the window of [Add New User] and click the [Next] button.
4) Input a password and click the [Next] button.
5) Set the access right and click the [Finish] button and the following error message appears.
"Users and Passwords
The user (USER NAME) could not be added because this user already has permission to use this computer."
Use or create a [User name] different from the [Computer name].
Windows 2000 does not allow using the user name same as the computer name.